Register Your Online Access
Your printed textbook comes with an 18-month subscription to the NCPro Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
To access the VLE please register with your unique access code located under the scratch panel in the front of your textbook. This code will grant you access to five clinical cases in an online format. The NCPro VLE contains resources, clinical information, the latest NCPT terms and codes, interactive videos and more.
Nutrition Care Process and Terminology: A Practical Approach (for Students)
The Nutrition Care Process and Terminology: A Practical Approach features five clinical case studies:
- Adult Weight Management
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Malnutrition and Oncology
- Paediatric Weight Management
In addition to your printed textbook you will also receive:
- Companion NCPro Tool Kit
- 18-months Access to 5 NCPro Online Case Studies
This NCPro resource is comprised of four integrated components designed to provide a fresh, step-by-step approach to explaining and applying the Nutrition Care Process and Terminology.
- A problem-based-learning Textbook
- A comprehensive online Virtual Learning Environment with creative learning technology
- A practical companion text, the Tool Kit
- An Online and Telephone Service Desk in Australia, New Zealand and the United States
The style of this publication and the information it contains are unique. Using a case-study approach, we offer students, practitioners and clinicians the opportunity to analyze the circumstances of the case as described by the patient and then draw on the evidence base to treat the condition. In the course of that process, we introduce the new dietetic tools and concepts needed to treat the case, showing how they take effect.
The case studies have been designed to facilitate the acquisition of core knowledge and skills for dietetic practice. They develop both fundamental and complex dietetic skills which can be applied to broader practice. As well, they build in complexity and allow users to develop their knowledge and skills progressively.
- Adult Weight Management highlights patient assessment, diet analysis, body-weight calculations, energy and protein requirement assessment and more.
- Hypertension addresses the impact of nutrition on blood pressure.
- Type 2 Diabetes introduces the significance of carbohydrate intake, types of carbohydrate, exchanges, distribution and meal planning.
- Malnutrition highlights patient screening and assessment, competing nutritional issues, the importance of previous dietary intervention and prioritizing these interventions
- Paediatric Weight Management introduces paediatric growth assessment, energy equations and a detailed overview of the related themes highlighted in the adult weight management case study and their suitability for children.
The case studies provide an opportunity to develop clinical reasoning and decision-making within the context of the Nutrition Care Process and Terminology and are an excellent adjunct to any clinical text book. On the book’s completion the user discovers they have acquired the ability to apply a range of complex skills to dietetic practice.
The Nutrition Care Process (NCP) is a systematic, science based approach to providing nutrition care that also takes account of the patient’s needs and values. This text emphasizes the Ready Reckoner form in the text and includes both standard and metric measures. Using the NCP model, clinicians have developed more than 60 nutrition diagnoses, more than 70 terms to describe nutrition interventions, and in excess of 170 nutrition indicators for assessing, monitoring and evaluating nutrition status of individuals or groups of individuals.
PLUS receive complimentary webinars with author, Rowan Stewart
Visit australiandietitian.com/distance-learning to access the webinar schedule
Shipping via Australia Post to Australia and New Zealand
For international and U.S. purchases please go to www.nutritioncarepro.com
Authors: Rowan Stewart, Angela Vivanti and Esther Myers
Paperback + Tool Kit
Online Virtual Learning Environment - 18 Month Access
To access your online case studies please use the unique access code located in the front inside cover of your book and register your details at www.nutritioncarepro.com
For more information on how to register please see our article here.