AVAILABLE NOW Handbook of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
The Handbook of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, 7th Edition by Rowan Stewart is a valued text for students & experienced practitioners alike.
The latest 2022 edition has a new format highlighting information essential to dietetic practice.
The Handbook of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics is a valued text for students and experienced practitioners alike. The 7th Edition combines information on the Nutrition Care Process along with the latest on dietetic protocols & procedures.
Many of the refinements and improvements in the 7th Edition have been made in response to feedback from the students, educators and clinicians who use the book on a daily basis. The latest edition incorporates the Nutrition Care Process framework for dietetic practice to ensure readers are conversant with this important professional doctrine.
The 12 chapters of the Handbook have been thoroughly reviewed to assist APDs in providing high-quality, evidence-based nutrition care.
Features of the 7th Edition include:
- A new section on type 2 diabetes
- A new section on malnutrition
- A new chapter on nutrition support including the nutrient profiles of oral, enteral and parenteral formulae and the application of nutrition support to the Nutrition Care Process
- Updated recommendations and guidelines for eating disorders, refeeding syndrome, weight management, coeliac disease, chronic kidney disease,
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and lactose intolerance
- Revised information on medications and interactions
- New insights into monitoring and evaluation
- Updated references and resources
The Handbook is an indispensable resource for dietetic practitioners who provide nutrition care in private practice and hospital settings.
Editor: Rowan Stewart
Format: Spiral Bound
|Dimensions||24 × 20 × 5 cm|
The Handbook of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics has become an integral part of my learning as a dietetics student. It organizes and explains everything you need to know as a dietitian, including clinical notes and application. The Handbook is a go-to for everything nutrition and dietetics related.