Your pathway to excellence with world class
Research shows that studying in different places improves memory retention.
Learn anywhere, anytime with Australian Dietitian and NCPro online study tools.
No more heavy backpacks and cumbersome textbooks.
Access our proven learning system on your smartphone, tablet or PC.
Introducing the Nutrition Care Pro
Online Learning System
Nutrition Care Pro is a proven online learning system for dietetic students.
The Nutrition Care Process and Terminology: A Practical Approach Textbook and Virtual Learning Environment provide everything you need to practice real-life clinical dietetics. NCPro case studies are designed to facilitate the acquisition of core knowledge
and skills so you reach competency fast.
NCPro Case Studies Include:
- Adult Weight Management highlights patient assessment, diet analysis, body-weight calculations, energy and protein requirement assessment and more
- Hypertension addresses the impact of nutrition on blood pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes introduces the significance of carbohydrate intake, types of carbohydrate, exchanges, distribution and meal planning
- Malnutrition & Cancer highlights patient screening and assessment, competing nutritional issues, the importance of previous dietary intervention and prioritizing these interventions
- Pediatric Weight Management introduces pediatric growth assessment, energy equations and a detailed overview of the related themes highlighted in the adult weight management case study and their suitability for children
- Online Case — Chronic Kidney Disease
- Online Case — Diverticular Disease
- Online Case — Home Enteral Nutrition & Malnutrition
- Online Case — Cystic Fibrosis
- Online Case — Coeliac Disease
It is evidence-based and universal, being able to be applied wherever dietetics practitioners, students and educators are working to implement the NCPT. It is also easy to follow, is student friendly and leads the reader in a logical way through each case.Sandra Kapra
Students are encouraged to read, learn and reflect on the guidelines to advance the key concept that information is constantly changing and knowledge must be kept up-to-date. Students are supported throughout the process by a Website Virtual Learning Environment which provides downloadable student assignments, videos of patients as they respond to dietitian’s questions and helpful case studies.
Handbook of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
both the art and science of clinical dietetics.
The Handbook of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics is a valued text for students & experienced practitioners alike. The 5th edition combines information on the Nutrition Care Process & Terminology with the latest on dietetic protocols & procedures. The NCP principles of assessment, diagnosis, intervention and monitoring & evaluation are described in detail in the first chapter.
The Handbook of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics Consists of:
- Nutrition Care Process and Nutrition Care Process Terminology
- Food/Nutrition-Related History
- Nutrient Reference Values
- Energy and Macronutrients
- Food Composition Tables
- Anthropometric Measurements (AD)
- Medications and Interactions
- Biochemical Data/Medical Tests/Procedures
- Nutrition-Focused Physical Findings
- Medical Nutritional Therapy
- Life Cycle and Pulmonary
- Gastrointestinal Tract Disorders
- Food Hypersensitivity
- Kidney Disease
- Refeeding Sydrome
- Texture Modification
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
- Sports Nutrition
The popular features of the Handbook haven’t changed. The clinical tools, nutrient reference ranges, biochemistry and laboratory ranges, food composition tables, useful contacts and websites, and extensive information on patient education remain: all fully updated.Maree Ferguson
Introducing the Ultimate App for Dietitians
WHAT THIS APP WILL DO FOR YOU
- Instantly calculates patient’s estimated nutrient requirements
- Instantly calculates the volume of selected feed your patient requires to meet their requirements
- Provides a bolus or continuous enteral feeding regimen
- Presents the nutritional profile and characteristics of over 40 popular standard and specialised enteral products
- Allows you to compare the nutritional profile of over 40 popular standard and specialised enteral products