Introducing the Paediatric & Adult Handbook Package Deal with a Complimentary copy of the Clinical Placement Survival Guide.
Handbook of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, 7th Edition
Many of the refinements and improvements in the 7th Edition have been made in response to feedback from the students, educators and clinicians who use the book on a daily basis. The latest edition incorporates the Nutrition Care Process framework for dietetic practice to ensure readers are conversant with this important professional doctrine.
The 12 chapters of the Handbook have been thoroughly reviewed to assist APDs in providing high-quality, evidence-based nutrition care.
Features of the 7th Edition include:
- A new section on type 2 diabetes
- A new section on malnutrition
- A new chapter on nutrition support including the nutrient profiles of oral, enteral and parenteral formulae and the application of nutrition support to the Nutrition Care Process
- Updated recommendations and guidelines for eating disorders, refeeding syndrome, weight management, coeliac disease, chronic kidney disease,
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and lactose intolerance
- Revised information on medications and interactions
- New insights into monitoring and evaluation
- Updated references and resources
Handbook of Maternal and Paediatric Dietetics
This handbook contains the evidence-based guidelines, protocols and procedures used by paediatric dietitians in the clinical setting.
Features of The Handbook of Maternal and Paediatric Dietetics Include:
- Chapters fully revised & updated latest evidence, practice in paediatric nutrition
- Focus is on Nutrition Care Process framework for dietetic process & Terminology
- Added sections on:
- Faltering Growth
- Eating Disorders
- Type 1 Diabetes, Gestational, Youth Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- Fully revised Food Hypersensitivity, new guidelines
- Childhood Cancer
- Kidney Disease
- Section on Fertility & Pregnancy
- Blended Tube Feeding
- Nutrition Care Process Chapter
- 23 expert contributors Aus. & NZ, paediatric expert dietitians
- Identified information most used by dietitians in clinical practice
- Clinical tools updated to reflect new material from publications
- Incorporated Feeds & Formula most commonly used
- Revised Fortification chapter
- Practical manual intended to be a universal, applicable resource
- Complimentary to HandbookOur Online Clinical CasesUnleash the potential by combining your Handbook with our Online Clinical Cases and experience the transformative synergy.
The combination of textbook learning and online clinical cases is crucial for a comprehensive education.
Textbooks provide foundational knowledge, while online clinical cases offer practical application and skill development. Together, they create a well-rounded learning experience, bridging theory and practice.
- Unparalleled learning
- Real individuals
- Diverse backgrounds
- Wide range of conditions
- Each with their own unique stories
- Tailor pick cases specific to your needs / Mix & Match your cases