The NCPro Public Health Case 13 addresses weight management in the context of the Lynn County community where Mr Robertson lives. Mr Robertson is a 65-year-old man whose family doctor is concerned about his recent weight gain. He is referred to a dietitian to provide individual medical nutrition therapy for weight management (See Case 1: AWM).
Meanwhile, at a community level, the public health/community nutrition professionals have been tasked to address the overweight/obesity prevalence in Lynn County, USA.
Online access includes:
- A comprehensive introduction to the nutrition care process
- Case 13: Public Health Weight Management including; perspective (literature review), mind maps, hyperlinked resource lists, detailed Lynn County community history and 8 activities
- Online NCPro Tool Kit including frequently used assessment and analysis tools
- Complimentary webinars with author, Rowan Stewart
CASE STUDY OBJECTIVES
After completing this case, users will be able to:
- Describe how to determine the prevalence of overweight and obesity in a community
- Describe associated risks and risk factors
- Assess community factors associated with overweight and obesity
- Select Nutrition Diagnoses and create PES Statements for communities with a high prevalence of overweight/obesity
- Select Nutrition Interventions for a population or community to reduce overweight/obesity
- Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation Plan for a community to monitor changes in rates of overweight/obesity
PLUS receive complimentary webinars with author, Rowan Stewart
Visit australiandietitian.com/distance-learning to access the webinar schedule
Authors: Rowan Stewart and Esther Myers
Online Virtual Learning Environment 18-Month Access
Download: NCPro Public Health Case Study Summary
There are no reviews yet.