The NCPro Chronic Kidney Disease Case assists dietetic students preparing for the clinical component of their assessment and for participating in clinical rotations.
The NCPro Virtual Learning Environment provides a unique platform for teaching the Nutrition Care Process and Terminology. With the capacity to promote standardised implementation of the NCP, this resource empowers clinical educators to teach and dietetics students to learn the NCPT.
Your online case study includes access to:
- Case 6: Chronic Kidney Disease including; perspectives, mind maps, resource lists,
Mei Ling’s story and diet history, video clips + activities
- Online NCPro Tool Kit
CASE STUDY OBJECTIVES
After completing this case study, users will be able to:
- Gather and assess food and nutrition history specific to the development and treatment of chronic kidney disease (Stage 3-4)
- Estimate, sodium, potassium and phosphorus intake
- Identify the key parameters needed to assess the nutritional status of a patient with chronic kidney disease (Stage 3-4)
- Cluster Nutrition Assessment data to identify the Nutrition Diagnosis, Etiologies and Signs and Symptoms
- Select Nutrition Interventions for a patient with chronic kidney disease (Stage 3-4)
- Develop a Monitoring and Evaluating Plan for the patient with chronic kidney disease
PLUS receive complimentary webinars with author, Rowan Stewart
Visit australiandietitian.com/distance-learning to access the webinar schedule
Authors: Rowan Stewart and Esther Myers
Online Virtual Learning Environment 18 Month Access
Australian Dietitian is providing reduced-cost online clinical cases to Australian students in response to support requirements for distance learning.
Regular Price: $25.00 AUD
Offer Price: $15.00 AUD