Handbook of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
Rowan Stewart (APD)
The Handbook of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, 7th Edition by Rowan Stewart is a valued text for students & experienced practitioners alike. The 2022 edition has a fresh new format with each page highlighting information essential to dietetic practice.
Handbook Discovery Quiz
Familiarise yourself with the latest 7th Edition Handbook of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics.
These resources have been provided for your personal use. Download and utilise for study and clinical practice.
Diet Record Template
Diet record template for protein, fat and energy nutrition analysis.
Diet Analysis Template
Step-by-step diet analysis template.
Meal Planner Template
Seven day meal planner template with energy & fibre.
Food Frequency Chart
Food frequency chart template.
Food and Fluid Consumption Chart
Food and fluid consumption record template.
This page contains links to nutrition and dietetics web sites which may be useful practicing dietitians, students and lecturers.
Journals and Databases
This page contains links to journals and databases which may be useful for practicing dietitians, students and lecturers.
The Handbook is a highly sought reference guide because it provides the most up-to-date information on both the art and science of clinical dietetics.
A must have on your bookshelf!
– Maree Ferguson
Introducing the Nutrition Care Professionals
The 7th Edition’s Medical Nutrition Therapy chapter is linked to online cases which provide realistic clinical learning experiences for students and CPE points for practitioners.
The Nutrition Care Process and Terminology: A Practical Approach Textbook and Virtual Learning Environment provide a unique platform for teaching and learning about this important paradigm. With the capacity to reinforce and promote standardised implementation of the NCP, this resource has transformed the way clinical educators teach and dietetic students learn this subject area.
The case studies have been designed to facilitate the acquisition of core knowledge and skills for dietetic practice. They develop both fundamental and complex dietetic skills which can be applied to broader practice.
NCPro Case Studies Include:
- Adult Weight Management highlights patient assessment, diet analysis, body-weight calculations, energy and protein requirement assessment and more
- Hypertension addresses the impact of nutrition on blood pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes introduces the significance of carbohydrate intake, types of carbohydrate, exchanges, distribution and meal planning
- Malnutrition & Cancer highlights patient screening and assessment, competing nutritional issues, the importance of previous dietary intervention and prioritizing these interventions
- Paediatric Weight Management introduces pediatric growth assessment, energy equations and a detailed overview of the related themes highlighted in the adult weight management case study and their suitability for children
- Online Case — Chronic Kidney Disease
- Online Case — Diverticular Disease
- Online Case — Home Enteral Nutrition & Malnutrition
- Online Case — Cystic Fibrosis
- Online Case — Coeliac Disease
Internationally, we need to recognize how the dietetics profession is changing and growing. This book is a universal resource. It incorporates different learning styles and different systems and approaches and so can be used by clinical educators in a variety of contexts and countries.
Adopting new course material can be a challenge! Australian Dietitian offers customised coursework to suit your universities prefered teaching emphasis. One-on-one webinars and group lectures are available.
NCPro Online Case 1: Adult Weight Management$ 20.00
NCPro Online Case 2: Hypertension$ 20.00
NCPro Online Case 3: Type 2 Diabetes$ 20.00
NCPro Online Case 4: Malnutrition and Cancer$ 20.00
NCPro Online Case 5: Paediatric Weight Management$ 20.00
NCPro Online Case 6: Chronic Kidney Disease$ 20.00
NCPro Online Case 7: Diverticular Disease$ 20.00
NCPro Online Case 8: Cystic Fibrosis$ 20.00
NCPro Online Case 9: Home Enteral Nutrition$ 20.00
NCPro Online Case 10: Coeliac Disease$ 20.00
NCPro Online Case 13: Public Health Weight Management$ 20.00
NCPro Online Case 11: EHR Cirrhosis$ 20.00